Hearty, Sweet and all ‘South’
12 Sweet potatoes, washed, and baked
1 can (1.43L) Vanee Deluxe Pulled Pork (code 20418)
1 cup your favourite BBQ Sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp white vinegar
green onions, sliced for garnish as desired
1. Empty contents of can:
– pork into hotel pan, separate with fork
– broth into a sauce pan, bring to a gentle boil
2. Heat pork in conventional oven, uncovered at 400°F for approximately 15 minutes, or until heated through and tips of meat shreds are golden and slightly crispy.
3. Remove from oven, keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, bring broth to a gentle boil on stove top and add remaining ingredients.
5. Blend well and reduce to two thirds.
6. Combine sauce with pork and toss to coat.
7. Slice open baked sweet potatoes and top with BBQ Pulled Pork, green onions and drizzle additional barbecue sauce if desired.
OPTIONAL: add sour cream and shredded aged Cheddar on the side.
An update to the classic Cobb or Nicoise Salad…
Mini Potatoes, washed, cooked skin-on and halved
Fresh Green Beans, cooked and chilled
1- 2 Eggs, hard-boiled to desired firmness, quartered
Cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
Iceberg lettuce wedge
1-2 cups Cooked Diced All White Turkey – code 20301
¼ cup ‘Nicoise’ or marinated olives / peppers
1 avocado, sliced
salt and pepper
½-¾ cup desired creamy dressing to taste
Arrange the ingredients on a platter, drizzling dressing over all, then salt and fresh ground pepper to garnish.
Chicken Meatball Quinoa Bowl
500 mL chicken broth
1 cup uncooked red quinoa, rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 1/3 cup rinsed drained canned black beans
1 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 1/3 cup corn kernels or sliced off BBQ’d cob
1 1/3 cup diced avocado
4 green onions, sliced
24 Chicken Meatballs (code 2840), thawed and heated
separately (until internal temp. of 165°F is reached)
4 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine quinoa with broth and salsa and bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for approx.
12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and has
absorbed the liquid.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss together,
serve in 4 bowls, garnished with cilantro.
12 oz whole kernel corn, drained
¼ cup each, chopped red and green peppers
1½ cups Cooked Shredded Natural Proportion Chicken (code 15801), thawed
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup sliced green onions
½ cup water
½ cup salsa
1-2 TBSP milk
1 cup shredded tex-mex cheese
2½ TBSP fajita seasoning
lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried.
1. in 2 qt (2L) saucepan, stir together corn, peppers and chicken. Add seasoning, ½ cup
water and salsa. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a small bowl, stir sour cream and milk until thin enough to drizzle.
3. Top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture. sprinkle with green onions and cheese, then
drizzle with sour cream mixture.
TIP: Add black beans and chickpeas or some green chilies if you like. PS – delicious served HOT OR COLD!!
Try our Cooked Perfect Turkey Meatballs (6136) on a delicious appetizer for the cocktail party season!
4 medium potatoes, cooked, mashed
1 French bread loaf, sliced
3 TBSP Butter
8 oz. Vanee Roasted Beef gravy (code 20500), warmed
Approx. 50 Cooked Perfect Turkey Meatballs (code 6136), warm
1. Heat meatballs and keep warm.
2. Generously butter bread slices in an even coating and bake at 400 F until golden brown.
3. Spoon 1 ½ tbsp of mashed potatoes onto each bread slice.
4. Press one meatball into each mashed potato scoop.
5. Top with beef gravy and garnish with chives.
6. Serve and enjoy.
TIP: Use any of our Cooked Perfect Meatball flavours in this recipe.
Check out Cooked Perfect Meatball Recipes for this AND MORE delicious recipes using our meatballs!
Or: ‘Chicken Sopa’, or ‘Stacked Enchilada Casserole’
15 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
15 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
2-3 onions, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 tbsp. chili powder
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
8 cups Cooked Diced Chicken, thawed
12 large tortillas
2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In large bowl, mix together Cooked Diced Chicken, soup and chili powder.
3. In buttered hotel half-pan, layer tortillas to cover the bottom and up the sides of
the pan. Add layer of chicken mixture, onions, peppers and mushrooms, then a
layer of cheese. Repeat layering, ending with cheese. Bake for 20-30 mins or until
bubbly and golden. Serves 24.
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2-3 cups broccoli, tender-crisp
1½ cups ½” Cooked Diced Turkey – code 21301, thawed
2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups milk
¾ cup biscuit / baking mix
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Measure 1 cup cheese and set aside.
2. Combine 2 cups of cheese, broccoli, cooked diced turkey and onion; spread into a greased 10 inch pie plate.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture. (Do not stir).
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3 cups ½” Cooked Diced Chicken (code 12454)
2 cups small red potatoes, cooked, cubed
2 cups sweet potato, cooked, peeled and cubed (1 large)
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked, drained
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp dill weed
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
¾ cup toasted pecans (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes and green beans. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, milk, dill weed, salt and pepper.
2. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; stir gently to coat evenly. Garnish with pecans if desired. Chill.
Our Stuffing is great baked with any gravy in a warm and savoury muffin side dish. Perfect to compliment a hearty chicken or turkey stew….
Put it all together in a stand-alone muffin for your lunch crowd:
4½ cups Papa Soly’s Homestyle Stuffing (code 604)
2 cups ½” All White Cooked Diced Turkey (code 21301)
1 cup Vanee Roasted Turkey Gravy (code 50520)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together all ingredients, and fill muffin cups.
3. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease half pan.
Cook 8 oz pkg penne 8-10 mins., or until al dente; drain.
2. Sauté ½ cup chopped onion, ½ cup chopped red pepper, and 1 pkg fresh,
sliced mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter
3. In a large saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter over low heat.
Stir in ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper
and ½ tsp garlic powder
4. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and gradually stir in
1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup heavy cream
5. Return to heat, add 1 cup frozen peas and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Add 2 tbsp sherry, veggie mixture and 2 cups Cooked Diced Turkey
then stir in cooked penne.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared dish, and top with ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Bake 30 mins. in oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.