1/3 cup butter
1 large red pepper (or ½ red pepper, + ½ green pepper)
1 large onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup flour
2 L chicken broth
4 potatoes, peeled, and diced
salt and pepper (to taste)
4 cups 1/2″ Cooked Diced Chicken or Turkey, any blend, thawed
4 cups frozen corn
2 cups cream
4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (garnish)
4-5 green onions, chopped (garnish)
1/2 cup Tex Mex shredded cheese (garnish)
1. Sauté chopped pepper and onions until tender.
2. Add minced garlic, cook until fragrant, less than 1 minute, then add flour, and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring.
3. Slowly pour in chicken broth and continue stirring.
4. Add potatoes, and salt and pepper. Simmer, on low heat uncovered, until potatoes are tender – approx. 25 mins. Use an induction blender if a smooth texture is preferred.
5. Add chicken or turkey, corn and cream and continue for approx. 5 mins. or until heated through.
6. Serve with bacon, cheese and onions on top!
Serves 4-6 bowls.