Chicken Meatball Quinoa Bowl
500 mL chicken broth
1 cup uncooked red quinoa, rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 1/3 cup rinsed drained canned black beans
1 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 1/3 cup corn kernels or sliced off BBQ’d cob
1 1/3 cup diced avocado
4 green onions, sliced
24 Chicken Meatballs (code 2840), thawed and heated
separately (until internal temp. of 165°F is reached)
4 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine quinoa with broth and salsa and bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for approx.
12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and has
absorbed the liquid.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss together,
serve in 4 bowls, garnished with cilantro.
12 oz whole kernel corn, drained
¼ cup each, chopped red and green peppers
1½ cups Cooked Shredded Natural Proportion Chicken (code 15801), thawed
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup sliced green onions
½ cup water
½ cup salsa
1-2 TBSP milk
1 cup shredded tex-mex cheese
2½ TBSP fajita seasoning
lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried.
1. in 2 qt (2L) saucepan, stir together corn, peppers and chicken. Add seasoning, ½ cup
water and salsa. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a small bowl, stir sour cream and milk until thin enough to drizzle.
3. Top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture. sprinkle with green onions and cheese, then
drizzle with sour cream mixture.
TIP: Add black beans and chickpeas or some green chilies if you like. PS – delicious served HOT OR COLD!!
Try our Cooked Perfect Turkey Meatballs (6136) on a delicious appetizer for the cocktail party season!
4 medium potatoes, cooked, mashed
1 French bread loaf, sliced
3 TBSP Butter
8 oz. Vanee Roasted Beef gravy (code 20500), warmed
Approx. 50 Cooked Perfect Turkey Meatballs (code 6136), warm
1. Heat meatballs and keep warm.
2. Generously butter bread slices in an even coating and bake at 400 F until golden brown.
3. Spoon 1 ½ tbsp of mashed potatoes onto each bread slice.
4. Press one meatball into each mashed potato scoop.
5. Top with beef gravy and garnish with chives.
6. Serve and enjoy.
TIP: Use any of our Cooked Perfect Meatball flavours in this recipe.
Check out Cooked Perfect Meatball Recipes for this AND MORE delicious recipes using our meatballs!
Or: ‘Chicken Sopa’, or ‘Stacked Enchilada Casserole’
15 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
15 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
2-3 onions, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 tbsp. chili powder
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
8 cups Cooked Diced Chicken, thawed
12 large tortillas
2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In large bowl, mix together Cooked Diced Chicken, soup and chili powder.
3. In buttered hotel half-pan, layer tortillas to cover the bottom and up the sides of
the pan. Add layer of chicken mixture, onions, peppers and mushrooms, then a
layer of cheese. Repeat layering, ending with cheese. Bake for 20-30 mins or until
bubbly and golden. Serves 24.
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2-3 cups broccoli, tender-crisp
1½ cups ½” Cooked Diced Turkey – code 21301, thawed
2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups milk
¾ cup biscuit / baking mix
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Measure 1 cup cheese and set aside.
2. Combine 2 cups of cheese, broccoli, cooked diced turkey and onion; spread into a greased 10 inch pie plate.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture. (Do not stir).
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3 cups ½” Cooked Diced Chicken (code 12454)
2 cups small red potatoes, cooked, cubed
2 cups sweet potato, cooked, peeled and cubed (1 large)
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked, drained
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp dill weed
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
¾ cup toasted pecans (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes and green beans. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, milk, dill weed, salt and pepper.
2. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; stir gently to coat evenly. Garnish with pecans if desired. Chill.
4½ cups Papa Soly’s Homestyle Stuffing (code 604)
2 cups ½” All White Cooked Diced Turkey (code 21301)
1 cup Vanee Roasted Chicken Gravy (code 20501)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together all ingredients, and fill muffin cups.
3. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease half pan.
Cook 8 oz pkg penne 8-10 mins., or until al dente; drain.
2. Sauté ½ cup chopped onion, ½ cup chopped red pepper, and 1 pkg fresh,
sliced mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter
3. In a large saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter over low heat.
Stir in ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper
and ½ tsp garlic powder
4. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and gradually stir in
1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup heavy cream
5. Return to heat, add 1 cup frozen peas and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Add 2 tbsp sherry, veggie mixture and 2 cups Cooked Diced Turkey
then stir in cooked penne.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared dish, and top with ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Bake 30 mins. in oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
1 2.5 oz Rosemount Cooked Seasoned Chicken Breast (18501), sliced
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
2 tsp fresh basil, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 loaf crusty baguette, split lengthwise and soft insides removed
2 TBSP olive oil
1/3 pound sliced Provolone cheese
8 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into strips
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
2. Combine rosemary, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside. Brush inside of baguette halves with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with herb mixture.
3. Place sliced chicken, Provolone and sundried tomato strips evenly on one baguette half. Put other half of baguette on top, press down slightly and tie the baguette, at 2-inch intervals, with kitchen string, if desired.
4. Put baguette on a baking sheet and into the hot oven. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove strings and cut into quarter before serving.
Courtesy National Chicken Council
3 cups Rosemount ½” Cooked Diced Chicken (code 12454), thawed
½ cup Vanee chicken broth (code 20509), warmed
½ tsp saffron
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
1 ½ cups milk, warmed
1 tsp vegetable oil
4 cups spinach leaves (approximately)
1 small box frozen peas, thawed
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
8 purchased crepes or tortillas
1. Combine warm chicken broth and saffron in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, prepare sauce by melting butter, adding flour and cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add hot milk, bring to a boil and then lower heat. Stir until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes. Cover and remove from heat.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, about two minutes. Add broth, saffron and peas, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute until slightly reduced. Reduce heat. Add sauce mixture and shredded chicken and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper, and stir until heated through and slightly thickened.
4. Warm tortillas individually in skillet over low heat.
5. Place one tortilla on each of four plates. Spoon one eighth of chicken mixture in one quarter of the crepe. Fold tortilla in half and then into quarters. Repeat with remaining four tortillas and remaining chicken mixture. Spoon any remaining sauce over top of tortillas and serve.
Courtesy National Chicken Council